Google language translator
BELLAMY WAS BLOCKED
New City striker Craig Bellamy appeared alongside Mark Hughes this morning at the Carrington pre match press conference with our other new signing Nigel De Jong.
He has categorically denied that he went on strike in order to secure a move away from West Ham United:
‘I can’t for the life of me understand where it comes from.
‘Maybe in the past I have gone down routes I shouldn’t have and maybe I deserved what happened. But while I don’t want to disappoint too many people, this completely did not happen.
‘I had a great relationship with (West Ham United boss Gianfranco) Zola and I left West Ham on probably the best terms I have ever done.’
Meanwhile, West Ham United Chief Executive Scott Duxbury has revealed that The Hammers blocked a Bellamy request to move to Tottenham:
‘I made it quite clear to Craig that there wasn’t any possibility of him joining Tottenham. Why on earth should we sell any player to our rivals that would strengthen their team?’
Going on to reveal that West Ham turned down somewhere in the region of six bids for Bellamy, The Hammers Chief Executive clearly doesn’t appear to regard City as a rival!
We can take that one of two ways, but now it’s down to Bellamy to repay the extraordinary faith Mark Hughes has shown in pursuing him.
SHAY SIGNING STUCK
The Newcastle Chronicle has reported that Shay Given’s proposed move to City is deadlocked, despite reports elsewhere that the deal is done.
Newcastle’s far from popular owner Mike Ashley is heavily involved in the talks and The Magpies are said to be holding out for more money from City, having been previously attempting to secure a City player plus payment deal.
Given’s lawyer Michael Kennedy responded when quizzed about the situation: ‘You will have to speak to the club.’
Still, it remains a case of all eyes on the Newcastle goalmouth on Wednesday night!
TWO SMOKING WEEKS WAGES
The dreadful, barrel scraping national embarrassment that is The Sun newspaper couldn’t contain it’s bitterness this morning shrieking: ‘Man City Are A Laughing Stock!’
The reason for their hysteria was that TWO of their hacks had come to the conclusion that Robinho had the temerity to have ‘breezed’ back into training with a smile on his face and no disciplinary action from Manchester City following his Tenerife disappearance.
Cue Mark Hughes sternly announcing at Carrington that Robinho will be disciplined swiftly followed by a hastily modified online headline for the Sun article:
‘The disciplinary procedure has to be gone through and once that’s run its course then Robbie will have to face some disciplinary measures. The level of those measures will be kept private as you would expect.
‘Let’s make this clear. Robinho will be treated in exactly the same manner, given the circumstances, as any other player at Manchester City. Everybody knows that – there’s no special case here…
‘…I think if you read some of the tabloids this morning, nothing could be further from the truth with their depiction of what went on.
‘One certain newspaper I’ve come to expect it from and it doesn’t really bother me. Some of the reporting on the situation was incorrect and that’s been the norm for a number of months in that certain paper.
Speaking for a fiercely determined City faithful who are sick to the back teeth of the way we and our club have been treated by ‘The Street Of Shame’ this past fortnight the gaffer said:
‘It’s been addressed, dealt with and we’ve got a game against Newcastle to play, that’s what we’re looking ahead to.’
VITAL MC INFO:
When the first whistle blows, don’t forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City and it’s Forums are growing fast with over 1,080 Blues now registered with us. There’s more to come – Be Here Now and join our worldwide community: