Date: 27th May 2006 at 5:13pm
Written by:

In one of the most overwhelming results from our website polls, it’s perhaps not entirely surprising given last season’s disappointment that the vast majority of Blues would love to see SWP return to the club.

90% of people who voted said they would welcome Shaun back, whilst the remaining 10% were less forgiving.

Shaun’s nightmare first season at the Bridge and his resultant loss of form an confidence has been widely reported and commented on and Stuart Pearce has already made several enquiries to get him back, but so far Chelsea have been unwilling to do any sort or deal. Having looked a certainty for the World Cup just twelve months ago, Shaunie has been over-looked and his place / role given to the likes of Lennon and Downing.

With City’s current finances ( or lack of them ), a permanent signing looks a complete non-starter. The focus therefore has shifted to a potential season-long loan deal. However, there have been rumours that Newcastle and Liverpool are both in the hunt and with their financial clout, a permanent move to either club is a distinct possibility which would obviously scupper any chances of City sorting out any sort of loan. I’m sure Monsieur Wenger is also closely monitoring the situation.

Will he – won’t he ? We’ll I think SWP and City would jump at the chance of a return, but in football, money talks. Unless Chelsea are feeling particularly benevolent, not something they’ve shown signs of over the years, then I strongly suspect we’ve seen the last of SWP in a City shirt.


Should the cream of City’s young talent be used as part of any potential deal to re-sign Shaun? Vote in our current poll and let us know

 

Your Comment