Google language translator
Markus Rehse of ‘Schalke Supporters Club’ and ‘Bredbury Blues Gelsenkirchen’ takes the chair to face Vital MC’s second Mag 7 Questions UEFA Pre Match Interview of the season…
Markus & Friends
1. We’re well into the Bundesliga season and Schalke 04 are in a comfortable 7th place position. How do you feel that your season is going?
Yes, Schalke is on the 7th place position now, but all supporters are really discontent! We bought 2 expensive players and got a new coach but you can’t see a system there how to play! Schalke bought a lot of mean players during the last 5 years, and we think or manager is responsible for this! In Germany it is not like in England?we have a coach and a manager! Our target this year is to be under the first 3 teams. We lost the CL match against Atletico Madrid and now we play UEFA Cup! We are all pissed off!
2. Who are Schalke’s danger men and star players we need to be aware of?
For me Farfan is the most dangerous man, but our defensive player Westerman is a good man too. Don’t know what our offence will do 😉 Kuranyi and Altintop could? when they want, but it is always a question of their motivation! Hard to say but that’s reality?
3. How is Fred Rutten, the ex FC Twente manager doing in the eyes of the Schalke fans?
At first I was happy to get a coach from Netherlands because they are strong, like accuracy and were consequent. Now after 3 months nothing changed? and all the lazy players play like last season! I think he got not the support from the manager he needs, because the manger was the man how bought the mean players before 😉 And the manager is the boss of the coach in Germany?
4. Time to welcome Man City, probably wearing a ‘blaze orange’ third kit. Smell the fear or relax with a Pils? What is you’re the impression across Germany of Manchester’s one true football club ?
85 mates of my City branch “Bredbury Blues” will visit me for the match! There was a group of 20 lads who visited me and the Schalke Arena the last 2 seasons. As a Schalke and a City supporter it was my wish to see such a match! I promised my friends that we will get City in our group and it happened! City is an old club with a long tradition and fantastic supporters like Schalke! Both clubs are hungry for a trophy and to stay in international spotlight! Think I will have a really busy day Today and can’t drink how much I would like, because I`m responsible for my friends! 5 years ago Schalke had a “blaze orange” shirt too. I didn’t like it but maybe it brings City good luck Today!?
5. Do Schalke fans see City as the main threat to your UEFA Cup Group stage qualification ambitions next week?
6. You are top of Group A with 4 points having beaten PSG 3-1 and drawn at Real Racing Club Santander. How did you rate those two teams?
First of all I’m a Schalke supporter and a member of the three most important branches at Schalke. I’m sure all my friends have an understanding for that fact! I really do like Man City because it’s a club with great supporters and a long history, too. For me a draw would be a good result Today! We all try to have a good party and enjoy ourselves! Think there is not much pressure on the match, because it is early in the competition! Therefore both teams will be under the first 3 teams in the group! If you can’t be under the first 3? you don’t have to play UEFA Cup! I saw PSG and I joined the Schalke match in Santander. I think both clubs are hungry too, but City will save the needed points at home!
7. What’s your prediction for Thursday’s result?
I bet on a draw 2-2
Many thanks and respect going out to Markus, Schalke Supporters Club and Bredbury Blues DE
– When the first whistle blows, don’t forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City is growing fast and there`s more to come – Be Here Now and join our worldwide community.