Magnificent Seven Fan’s Q&A: West Bromwich Albion
Six more league games for City to salvage what they can from this rollercoaster of a season. First up, West Brom and Steven from Vital WBA takes the stand to answer our questions…
1. With 6 fixtures remaining of the Premier League season, bottom placed West Brom are 13 points behind 11th placed City and seemingly doomed to relegation, yet fighting for their lives. Can you beat the drop?
We have been doomed to relegation since we lost at home to Newcastle, the worst side I have seen all season.
2. What’s the mood amongst the Albion fans on how the season has gone and what the future holds?
Most Albion fans feel badly let down by the tactics and team selections of Tony Mowbray. Everybody had expected that we would make a really good go at staying up this season but poor management has led to a disastrous season.
3. What’s your view on developments at Manchester City this season? Do you think Mark Hughes can take the club forward?
Mark Hughes knows what he’s doing and will get City right if he is given time.
Man City are about where I expected them to be this season. The money that is behind the club now has rather clouded the issue in that most people think that huge pots of money can bring instant success; it very rarely does.
If the owners are sensible and stick with Hughes and they back him to the full in the Summer then I can see you challenging for a European place again next season. Maybe, not Champions League though.
4. If you were Mr. Mowbray, what would be the direction of your team talk before sending your players out against City at Eastlands this weekend?
It would be along the lines of ‘We have let the fans down this season, lets go out and prove in these final six games that we want to make it up to them by giving it our all to prove that we can be a Premier League team.’
5. ‘The City Three Step challenge:’ What comes into your head when you think of Manchester City…?
…Give us first the image you see, second the feeling you get and third the word that sums us up….
The first image I get of Man City is of thousands of fans with heads in hands and looking miserable. The feeling I get is of confidence that West Brom will get a result as our record against City is good and the word that sums up Man City is ‘Underachievers.’
6. ‘Six Plus Five:’ FIFA President Sepp Blatter is continuing his
campaign to impose a maximum quota of five overseas players on every
English team. Do you agree or disagree with his proposal?
Something needs to be done to control the power of the rich clubs but a complete root and branch review of the whole game needs to be undertaken.
The six plus five rule won’t solve all of football’s ills and in all probability it will just create more problems so I guess I am disagreeing with it.
7. What’s your prediction for Sunday?
A 3-3 draw.
Very many thanks and respect to Steven and The Vital WBA team for this excellent interview.
JOIN VITAL MANCHESTER CITY:
When the first whistle blows against The Baggies, don’t forget to join the Vital MC Community on our popular Live Match Thread in the Forums on match days.
Vital Manchester City and it’s Forums are growing fast with over 1,200 Blues now registered with us. There’s more to come – Be Here Now and join our worldwide community: